"Noiders Lineup" - PROJECT GUIDELINES
fig 1: the original template © BastianK
Each picture submitted for this project must meet the following requirements:
- 1) In general: Try to get as close as possible to the original (fig. 1) in as many aspects as possible
- 2) In detail:
- 2.1) the picture has to show only one person (=you!), holding his/her (=your) favourite Polaroid camera in either his/her (=your) left or right hand
(please refer to 2.5 and 2.6 for more details)
- 2.2) your posture (not necessarily your clothes or hairdo) on the pic should be as close as possible to the original; stand straight, let your shoulders hang relaxedly, feet pointing straight forwards, keep a neutral facial expression..
(please refer to 2.7 for brachial, manual and digital details)
- 2.3) the whole person (=you) has to be visible, in the (horizontal and vertical) center of the image
(range of tolerance: 5% < 15% between image border and head/feet - please refer to (1) in figure 2 below)
- 2.4) for film formats with a non-quadratic image area (8x10, 4x5, spectra), the picture has to be taken in upright ("portrait") orientation
- 2.5) the picture has to be taken outdoors *, with the horizon line being aproximately 7 cm (2,758 inch) above your elbows - see (2) in figure 2 below
(range of tolerance: < 5,02%)
- 2.6) it's up to you if you hold your camera in your left or right hand, but..
- 2.7) .. the position (and -ioning) of your arms, hands - and above all of your fingers has to be eggzactly as on the original.
(please refer to (3) and (4) in figure 2 below, for correct flection of the fingers of "camerahand" and "otha hand")
- 2.8) submissions are strictly limited to one pic per noider ** (you can only have one favourite camera after all).
however, you are free to replace an existing submission with a new one if you happen to take a bettah pic (or fall in love with a new camera) after your first submission.
Please note that submissions that don't meet ALL of these requirements will be removed without the blink of an eye and the submitter will be laughed at sneeringly.
Good luck and mucho much fun!
fig 2: Illustration and graphical eggsplanation of the most important project requirements © webbo
*) if you really, really, really can't manage to get outside and find a shooting location with a straight horizon line (cause you're not willing to leave the citycenter or forest you're living in), you may (as an exception!) have your pic taken indoors in front of a neutral (no patterned wallpapers) wall. in this case please take all pictureframes and deer heads off from the wall behind you to not disturb the optical illusion too much..
**) the project will run till we have at least 300 submissions (this is about the number of folx logging in each day, so this should not be too impossible)